October 16, 2008

My First Swap

I Just recently completed my very first swap. It was called the Travel Bag for Tea Swap. Basically the goal was to make something pretty for your partner to bring their tea along with them on trips as opposed to using something like a zip lock bag. So I got to sewing... I had the travel pouch sewn before I had Olivia, however I didn't have the closure sewn onto it until after we came home from the hospital. And my Travel pouch was waiting for me when I got home.

This is the Travel Pouch I made for my Swap Partner who lives in Germany. She is fond of autumn and earthy colors so I found these fabrics that I thought were perfect.




This is the Travel Bag I received from My partner. She also played off of my love of autumn and spiced tea. As you can see in the first picture of it, It was packaged so adorably that I almost didn't want to open it up, but I'm glad I did.